I ate these little guys up while on retreat last weekend! Some others even helped themselves 😉
I was away at a vegetarian retreat last weekend and was so nervous that I wouldn’t get enough protein that I got in the kitchen and came up with these. I laugh because I also brought homemade jerky with me. I wanted to be respectful to the space, so I kept the jerky in the car. During our afternoon free time, I would sneak out to the car, grab a handful of jerky and go for a walk. On one of my meat walks I got to thinking, what are other’s thinking I’m doing? Do they think I smoke? Funny how I placed eating meat into the same category/stigma of smoking. I must say I did miss my bacon 🙂
- 1 c cashew butter
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 heaping scoops protein powder (I used Sunwarrior)
- 1 c organic blueberries
- 1 c organic raspberries
- 1 dark chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place cashew butter, banana, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, baking soda, apple cider vinegar and protein powder in food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Fold in blueberries and raspberries.
- Line muffin tin with muffin cups. Spoon in batter until each cup is approximately ¾ full.
- Place one square of dark chocolate in the middle of each muffin.
- Bake 8-10 min.