You need a hearty breakfast now that fall is just around the corner.
Since I’ve been back at work I find it increasingly more difficult to leave enough time in the mornings for a good breakfast. Frankly, I rather sleep. So what do I do to ensure that I am starting the day off right. Well, I batch cook on the weekend and whip up one breakfast dish that will get me through the week. Then I usually alternate between my warm breakfast and a shake through the week.
Breakfast skillets are good standbys. If you wish you can add an egg hat as well.
Oh, how do you like the new website design? We are going to be changing the way we handle subscriptions, so subscribers rather than receive a notification of each new post you will soon be receiving weekly round ups and special little treats 🙂
- 1 lbs ground chicken or turkey
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed thoroughly, cubed (I like to leave the skin on)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 lg kale leaves, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp breakfast spice blend
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Brown ground chicken.
- Add in sweet potatoes and onions.
- Continue to cook until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in spice blend.
- Add kale, continue to cook until wilted.