It’s that time of year, the girl scouts are out in full force pushing their addictive mint cookies. The next time your door bell rings, give them a generous donation, but let them keep the cookies and have one of these instead.
These little guys are packed with protein and antioxidants, plus they are to die for. I still dream of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Ahh, mint chocolate chip ice cream. If it wasn’t for being keeled over in pain, I would totally still indulge. Only once in a while, I swear 😉
These little guys seriously take 5 minutes to make. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
- 12 dried black figs, stems removed
- ¼ c chia seeds
- ¼ c hemp seeds
- ⅓ c almond butter (I used chunky)
- ⅓ c protein powder (Sunwarrior Warrior Blend or paleo friendly option)
- 2 tbsp raw cacoa powder
- 3 tbsp raw organic honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extra
- 1 tsp peppermint oil (edible)
- ½ organic dark chocolate bar
- Place all ingredients in food processor. Blend until mixed.
- Shape mixture into bite sized balls.
- Place in refrigerator to set.
- Store in fridge or freeze for quick snacks on the go.
- I dare you to eat just one!
Strict Paleo - omit the protein powder.