I have a confession to make. I am having a love affair with my slow cooker and cilantro.
This affair has be long running, the slow cooker has a permanent place on the counter and ideally there is always fresh cilantro in the fridge.
I always aim to learn something new each day, but today I was floored. At certain times of the year, Cilantro is hard to come by in these parts. My friend and co-worker told me today that Cilantro and Coriander are the same thing – I say WHAT?!?!?!?! Sure, we use different parts of the plant, but I could be substituting Coriander when Cilantro is playing Polkaroo! !!! I’m also thinking it is time for a indoor herb garden. Yes, that should be the next project, after the first batch of Kombucha of course.
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped or left whole
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- a huge handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 2 limes
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker (4.5qrt.).
- Give a quick stir.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hrs or low for 6-8 hrs
- Serve with cauli-rice or a fresh salad.