Cranberries, walnuts, coconut all mixed with some rainbow chard – can you say delicious?
Today was a very productive day. I kept my mind entertained, so not to worry about Jackson’s vet appointment later in the day, by designing business cards, class cards and various other little marketing items. It’s been a pretty emotional day with no real answers.
I found two lumps on Jackson last week. I took him in today to get them checked out. While it may very well be nothing (initially I was thinking fat deposits) and likely a reaction to his vaccines, it is still worrisome. My last pup was diagnosed with cancer (and passed not long after) around Jackson’s age. Fingers crossed that is is just inflammation and not sarcoma at the vaccination site. Samples have been sent away, even though the vet suggested that we wait another month or so. I’m not messing around with this. Best to know sooner rather than later. So let’s all send good healing vibes to Mr. Roomagoo!
On a lighter note I did some experimenting last evening and came up with this!!!
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ c dried organic cranberries
- ¼c crushed walnuts
- 2 tbsp raw unsweetened coconut flakes
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt coconut oil.
- Add chard, cranberries, walnuts, salt and pepper.
- Cook with occasional stiring until chard is slightly wilted.
- Add coconut flakes. Cook for another minute.