Hooray…Your Monday saviour is here.
If you are like me, Monday’s are tough. First day back to the grind. Make dinner prep super quick with this fix it and forget it slow cooker roast beef.
You all know I’m a novice foodie, but I love trying new things, even if I don’t know what they are sometimes. In this week’s basket from Eating Well Ottawa, I received an unknown root vegetable (please excuse the low photo quality).
Pretty right? Rather than fret over what to make, I just threw then into the crock pot with carrots, mushrooms, onion and a round roast from Bearbrook Game Meat. So go ahead, be adventurous, add any root vegetables that you have and make it a one-pot meal. Oh and I found out later, they were watermelon radishes – which taste amazing by the way!
- 1-2 lbs round beef roast
- 2 c bone broth (beef broth)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 c mushrooms, chopped
- 2 c watermelon radish, or any other root veggie
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add onion to slow cooker (4.5 qt.).
- With a sharp knife make six small slices in roast to insert the garlic.
- Top with salt and pepper.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Surround roast with carrots, mushrooms and root veggies.
- Add bone broth.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove beef and let sit for a few minutes, then slice.
- Serve with veggies.