This is the best thing for a gal that loves cheese, but can’t handle it.
We are back up and running. Sorry for the delay, with the kiddos back at school I underestimated how overwhelmed I would be the first week. Then come Thursday I was all ready to make a post, only to find that WordPress upgraded and one of my plugins was preventing me from posting. But we are back in business now, found the culprit and decided the first post should definitely be this zucchini cheese.
Zucchini Cheese has been popping up all over the Instagram. I’ve been a little late at giving it a try and I am so sad this hasn’t been in my life earlier. The genius behind the recipe is @hayleyziegler. This gal is legit. Check out Hayley’s new website here.
If you are on Instagram, go check her out. You will be a happy little bug just like me!
Hayley has graciously allowed for me to share her original recipe with my falvouring twist. So let’s get right to it.
- 1 c zucchini, peeled and chopped
- ¼ c water
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ c fresh cut dill, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1½ tbsp gelatin
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- ⅓ tsp pink himalayan salt
- Line a 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan steam zucchini in water.
- Once tender drain water.
- Add zucchini, lemon juice and coconut oil to food processor or high powered blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add in dill, garlic, gelatin, yeast, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into pan.
- Set in fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and store in a air tight container in fridge.