Ahhhhh look out for the dinossssss…..
You all know I’m dino-nutz so of course I have dino candy molds 😉
Why should you make these? Well they are made with gelatin. And why is gelatin such a rock star? The Wellness Momma breaks it down for us here. In short it:
- Is great for our joints,
- Helps tighten loose skin,
- Is great for your gut.
I highly recommend you find a responsibly sourced gelatin, such as Great Lakes Unflavored. Check it out here.
- 1 c fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- ¼ c water (optional if looking for more sour)
- 1 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup
- 1 tsp grapefruit rind (optional if looking for sweeter taste)
- 4-5 tbsp gelatin
- In a small saucepan heat grapefruit juice, water, maple syrup, rind and gelatin until gelatin is dissolved. This should look like a nice slurry.
- Pour into molds or 8 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place in freezer for 2 hours or until solidified.
- To remove from molds, gently run under warm water. If using pan, cut into desired size.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge.