Cayenne adds a little kick to this grilled asparagus.
Did you know:
- Asparagus is very nutrient dense. Loaded with vitamin A, C, E, and K, fiber and folate.
- Asparagus is high in glutathione which helps detoxify the body.
- Asparagus is pack with antioxidants. Why is this important? Free radicals are produced through cellular metabolism and while this is a normal practice if theses little guys overwhelm our system they can cause damage to proteins, cell membranes, DNA and cause cell death. Antioxidants are the crime fighters to free radicals, converting them to less harmful compounds.
- As I mentioned above, asparagus is high in folate. Folate works with B12 to help with cognitive function.
So yes, you should really make up some asparagus today.
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat grill over low-medium heat.
- Grill asparagus until tender.
- Toss with ghee, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper.