I went on a mini stay-cation last week. Sorry guys, but I needed to play a little before heading back to the day job 🙂 I over indulged with not being 100% Paleo so it’s time to get back on track. Let’s start it off with Jicama Breakfast Hash.
What’s Jicama you ask? Well, it’s origins are Mexican, but today this root vegetable is grown mainly in warmer climates. This sturdy little vegetable is relatively low in calories, high in fiber, contains inulin which helps with calcium absorption and is a prebiotic, and is high in vitamin C, a great antioxidant. So what’s not to love about this little guy! Go on find some in your local market and get to cooking.
Oh and don’t forget to put an egg hat on it 😉
- 1 leek, chopped (white part only)
- 1 c mushrooms, chopped
- 1 jicama, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee or other fat/oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat ghee in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook jicama until almost tender. Add mushrooms and leeks.
- Continue to cook until jicama, mushrooms and leeks are tender.
- Season with sea salt and pepper
- In a separate skillet, heat ½ tbsp ghee.
- Cook eggs to desired doneness.
- Place your egg hat on a bed of breakfast hash.