It was roasted chicken Sunday – BBQ style! I love chicken dinner Sundays and with the warm weather, we’ve moved the roasting outside 🙂
I spent all weekend on the golf course so opted for a fresh coulis and salad to go with the chicken. Now, if only I played as good as this tasted. I don’t think I have to worry about the LPGA calling anytime soon.
- 1 free range whole chicken
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp fresh pepper
- 2 plums, pit removed
- 2 nectarines, peeled
- 2 cm piece of ginerroot, peeled
- 1 cup raw organic almonds
- 1 cup raw organic cashews
- Place chicken, lemon juice ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper in a resealable bag. Place in fridge and marinate for 6-8hrs.
- Preheat BBQ to 350 degrees F. Stuff chicken with lemon slices and coat in remaining salt and pepper. Place chicken on rotisserie and cook until an internal temp of 185 degrees F is reached.
- As the chicken is roasting place almonds and cashews in BBQ safe pan and roast.
- Place all ingredients into juicer, set on coulis setting and juice away!
- Place a large serving of fresh greens down, top with chicken, roasted topping and drizzle with coulis.