How did you celebrate Canada Day? I whipped up this fragrant Sangria for our neighborhood BBQ. I think you should try it this weekend.
Yesterday was super hot out, unbearably so, and we needed to cool down after our golf game. Luckily I had mixed this Sangria together the night before. We crossed our fingers and hoped this little experiment worked out. And look at that it did! Now this Sangria packs a serious punch so be sure to have lots of friends over to help you out.
Yes, I know this isn’t paleo, but we all need to treat ourselves sometimes 😉
- 2 - 750ml bottles of red wine (this can be any old bottle, cheap usually works very well)
- 1 c Triple Sec
- 1 c Brandy
- 1 c simple syrup (1/2 c filtered water + ½ c raw organic honey)
- 4 packets of True Lemon + 1 c filtered water
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 c strawberries, chopped
- 5 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- Soda Water
- In a small saucepan, prepare the simple syrup. Over medium-high heat, add ½ c water and ½ c raw organic honey. Heat until combined. Allow to cool.
- In a glass container (be sure it is glass, do not use plastic), combine wine, tripe sec, brandy, and true lemon mix.
- Once simple syrup is cool add to mix.
- Add fruit and cover.
- Allow to sit for 24 hours. No need to refrigerate, there is enough alcohol in there to kill any bad guys.
- To serve, pour 1 part sangria and 1 part soda water over ice.
- Add some of the fruit and enjoy!
Did you notice that there isn't any citrus in this mix? That's because the white part of the peel will bring a bitter taste to your Sangria. If you would like to add some citrus add it to glasses before serving.