Are you looking for something to soothe tension?
Arn’t we all? I’ve been a mad scientist lately trying to developing the best blend to soothe sore muscles and achy joints ever when I came across The Paleo Moma’s Pain Relief Rub. Jackie has it down! The best part is you can customize this blend to suit your own needs.
As we know not all essential oils work the same for every body. Just like our yoga practice we are all snowflakes and there is no static ideal. Play and experiment with these blends, find what works best for you.
DISCLAIMER: Before we get started, due to the FDA, Health Canada and FTC laws on health claims, I need to make this very clear. None of the information in this post is to be construed as medical advice. I am not a doctor or certified medical practitioner of any sort. These use are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. You should always consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, supplements, or exercise routine.
Why a Roller Bottle Blend?
Jackie developed these recipes for a natural rub. While sometimes I like a cream which provides targeted comfort to tired and sore joints and muscles, more often then not I prefer the convenience of a roller bottle. So I’ve adapted the volumes for a 10ml roller bottle.
Known as the “tree of life,” Arborvitae is majestic in size and abundant in therapeutic benefits. Arborvitae essential oil has a high content of tropolones, a chemical compound found in Aborvitae, which protects against environmental and seasonal threats, has powerful purifying properties, and promotes healthy cell function.
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
- Promotes healthy cell function
- Powerful cleansing and purifying agent
Create Your Own Tension Soothing Roller Bottle
Jackie has developed five sections for this pain reliever. Only use high quality therapeutic grade essential oils, if you want to learn more about the brand that I use and trust, email email@example.com.
The 5 different categories of oils in this recipe are meant to work TOGETHER to address ALL areas of tired, sore and achy joints and muscles.
ESSENTIAL OIL Ingredients
6 Drops of a Ache Comforting Oil (PICK ONE of the following oils):
- For Bone Aches: “Soothing” Blend or Wintergreen
- For Chronic Tension: “Soothing” Blend, Wintergreen or Cypress
- For Joint Support: “Soothing” Blend, Wintergreen or Roman Chamomile
- For Muscle Support: “Soothing” Blend, White Fir, or Clove
- For Cartilage Support: Wintergreen
3 Drops of a Calming and Tension Soothing Oil ( PICK ONE of the following oils):
- For Shoulder & Neck Tension : Marjoram, Lavender, or Helichrysum
- For Tendon Tension: Marjoram
- For a Muscles: Lemongrass or Ginger
- For Spasms: Basil, Marjoram, or Roman Chamomile
- For Ligaments: Lemongrass
3 Drops of an Essential Oil to Ease Inflammation (PICK ONE of the following oils):
3 Drops of an Essential Oils to Improve Circulation (PICK ONE of the following oils):
2 Drops of Peppermint – Peppermint is a “driving” oil and is a great addition to this recipe to “drive” all these oils in and to add that “cooling” sensation.
Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Add your oils to a empty roller bottle.
- Bring volume up to top with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Cap and mix.
- Apply every 2-4 hours to affected area.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- The 5 different categories of oils in this recipe are meant to work TOGETHER to address ALL areas of tension soothing.
- Since this recipe is a “create-your-own” it’s very easy to “play” with the ingredients. You will feel a LIGHT tingling with this, but it’s not intense. So, if you want a STRONG tingle, then use more of your Ache-Comforting oils and less of one of the other oils.
The Paleo Moma *Be sure to check out Jackie’s site. It’s amazing!
Disclaimer: These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration or Health Canada. Essential oils are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any product.