You have your shopping list ready to go: turkey – check, cranberries – check, sweet potato – check, and kale – check. But what are you going to make with your turkey cranberry sliders? How about plantain fries? You still have time to add these to your list!
What’s that you say, you’ve never made plantains and have no idea where to start? Well these fries are super easy, heck even I can make them 😉
First off you need to remove the peel. I find it best to use a peeler or knife. Cut the plantain into strips, you know, so they look like fries.
Get some coconut oil heated in a large skillet, place the fries, add some spice and bam, done!
- 2 plantains, peeled, cut into strips
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Peel plantain with peeler or knife. Cut into strips.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place plantains in a medium bowl and toss in spice mix.
- Fry plantains until golden brown, turning once.
- Now eat these up, you won't even know they arn't white potatoes. I swear!