Get the slow cooker going before you head to bed and wake up to mouthwatering soup.
I have been battling lighting this week. With the rain and snow, natural light is hard to come by. You will have to trust that this soup looks so much better in person.
I’ve been getting Kale in the harvest box and have been trying to come up with different ways to incorporate it into recipes. Kale is high in iron, calcium, antioxidants and is anti-inflammatory. Now you want to eat more, right?
So grab the slow cooker and kick up your feet – after you’ve put it all together of course 😉
- 4 quarts bone broth - I make Balanced Bites recipe.
- 1 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, chopped (save the bones to make another batch of bone broth)
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 large kale leaves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Place all in 4.5 quart slow cooker.
- Cook 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.