Life is an evolution, so may as well keep making momma’s sauce better and better.
I love my Mom’s sauce, but this I must say is giving it a run for the money. Why? Well, it has bacon of course :-). Oh and bone broth.
Why we should all add bone broth into our diets:
- helps heal your gut and promotes healthy digestion,
- reduces joint pain and inflammation,
- promotes strong healthy bones, cartilage, hair and nail growth, and
- wards off infections.
It’s super easy to make, just add some bones, garlic, apple cider vinegar and water to a slow cooker and let simmer for 24hrs. Slow and low.
Give this a try with zucchini noodles and top it off with some fresh avocado.
- 1 lbs ground beef
- ½ lbs bacon, chopped
- 1 sm red onion, chopped
- 3 lg garlic cloves, minced
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 2 c mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried basil + 1 tbsp fresh basil (or omit dried and double up on fresh)
- 1 tsp dried oregano + 1 tbsp fresh oregano (or omit dried and double up on fresh)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 28oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 c bone broth
- In a large saucepan brown onion and garlic.
- Add beef and cook until almost done.
- Add remaining veggies.
- Cook for 5 - 10 min.
- Add in seasoning, tomatoes, tomato paste and bone broth.
- Simmer for 2 hours.