So you’re not sure about Elk eh? I bet you won’t even notice.
The farmers market finally open – YAY! I headed out and pick up some fresh herbs and lettuce. Of course, I got cilantro, plus chives, parsley, mint, chocolate mint, and oregano. Now I always have cilantro on hand – Yummy! Plus I can officially call myself a farmer, right? Having two pots of herbs and lettuce definitely constitutes farmer status. Yes, I do believe it does.
- 2 lbs ground Elk
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ c fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ground elk, egg, chives, cilantro, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Do not over work the meat.
- Form 8 equally sized patties. Sprinkle with salt. Place in refrigerator for 30 min.
- Preheat BBQ (grill) on medium heat.
- Grill to desired doneness.