My happiness meter runneth over this week! Fresh, wild scallops with great friends. Could it get any better?
I LOVE scallops but am so afraid to cook them. I get flashbacks of Gordon Ramsey yelling at poor souls on Hell’s Kitchen. What is the rubbery mess????? Thankfully I had help with this one. I think I may be confident enough now to give them a whirl – maybe. These were absolutely the best, the sauce is to die for. Seriously, try them!
- 2 lbs fresh, wild scallops
- Juice of 3 limes
- ¼c high quality olive oil
- ½c cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 100g coconut cream (about ½ a package)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a medium bowl add lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, coconut aminos, red pepper flakes and scallops. Mix and marinate for 30 min in fridge.
- Melt coconut oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a single layer arrange scallops in skillet. Add 1 tbsp of coconut cream. Cook scallops until the edges appear to break apart slightly. Remove scallops from heat and place in a serving dish.
- Repeat above until all scallops are cooked. On the last cook cycle, add all the marinade and coconut cream to the skillet.
- Toss cooked scallops gently.
- Serve with asparagus and mashed turnips.