It’s a glorious thing when a epic fail in the kitchen turns in to a delicious breakfast.
I set out to make the most tasty fall sweet potato cakes to serve for breakfast. That didn’t turn out as planned, but sometimes failure is a great success. I’ve made some changes, to make this a savory sweet potato hash browns.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- ¼ c onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice blend
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place shredded sweet potatoes in a strainer and wash with water, until the water runs clear.
- To remove excess water, squeeze shredded sweet potato with hands.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, brown onions and garlic with coconut oil.
- Add sweet potatoes and pumpkin spice blend, continue to cook until tender.
- To add a little crisp, continue to cook until browned.
- Serve with eggs or your favorite breakfast meat.