There are few things in life that I love more than avocado and bacon a Roo being one of course. So why not stuff an avocado with smoky chicken and wrap it in a bacon blankie? Sure does sound like a great idea to me!
After the itchies from yesterday started to settle down I received a super great delivery – all my promo items 🙂 Business cards, car magnets, recipe cards, class cards, free classes! They all look super great and I can’t wait to get to handing them out! It’s going to be a great summer.
Question, can you be considered a murderer if you have killed two highlighters already and you are not even half way through your first course? Apparently I think everything is important 😉 I knew when I registered in this program (Natural Nutrition) that it was going to be a lot of work, but seriously there is just so much reading. I decided today to adjust how I am studying and see how I find the first test, then readjust as necessary. Why the push? I want to get as much done this summer while I am off, so when I go back to the ‘day job’ I feel less pressure. Plus, it’s always nice to sit yourself on the outside couch, get some vitamin D and relax, all while filling your head with brains! But not fat cells, because I learnt that we have a pre-determined number of fat cells. We do not gain or loose any. When we gain weight the fat cells expand and when we loose they shrink. Pretty neato eh!
Now are you every looking for something to make with your leftover chicken, well give these a go.
- 3 semi firm avocados, peeled, pitted and halved
- 5 drumsticks, cooked, meat removed and chopped
- 12 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp smoky spice blend from Balanced Bites
- 1 tbsp homemade Mayo
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
- Combine, chicken, chives, basil, spice blend and mayo in a medium sized bowl.
- Place a healthy spoonful of the chicken mixture on each avocado.
- Wrap each avocado with 2 slices of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until bacon is crispy.