The big guy Elvis would definitely be giving these two big thumbs up!
I was in bed all day yesterday with a wicked head cold, but made it to teach yoga last night. I didn’t want to cancel class and was confident that I could push through. Mind you there were moments leading up to the start of class that I question if this was the best idea. At some point through the class my fever broke and I left the class feeling much better!
Why is it that when we are sick we crave the most disgusting food? I wanted Kraft dinner so badly last night. YUCK! Instead I had sausage and ketchup chips. Gasp! Yes, I had ketchup chips. Not much better, but miles above Kraft dinner. This morning, I woke to very swollen lymph nodes and wanted pancakes. So instead of pancakes I made these tasty muffins and topped them with honey vanilla goat cheese and a little maple syrup – YUMMMMM.
I know, I know, I need to go purchase new muffin liners. Using gingerbread men in June is not a good look 🙂
- 1 c cashew butter
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 scoops protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ c raw cashews
- 10 slices bacon, lightly cooked and chopped
- ½ tsp pink himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Place cashew butter, banana, eggs, vanilla, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder and salt to food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add cashews and pulse a few times.
- Fill muffin cups until ~3/4 full. Top with chopped bacon.
- Bake 15-20 min.