It can be a challenge to find a Paleo-friendly dressing. Even more challenging to find an egg-free, mustard-free Paleo dressing. So what’s a gal to do? Make their own of course!
All hail the versatile avocado, the base to this dressing.
Did you know?
- Avocado has more potassium than a banana. Most people don’t get enough potassium in their diet, which can help support healthy blood pressure levels (1).
- Avocado is loaded with healthy fats, especially monounsaturated fats. These fats raise levels of good HDL cholesterol (2).
- Avocado is loaded with fiber, about 7% per weight. Fiber can aid with weight loss and support metabolic health (3).
- Avocados are jammed packed with nutrients. They’re a good source of potassium, vitamin E, vitamin B-6, folate and niacin (4).
- Avocados are high in antioxidants. Not only do they have a high antioxidant capacity themselves, they also increase antioxidant absorption of other foods (5).
More reasons to add more avocado to your diet.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ c water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tbsp capers
- ½ tsp anchovy paste
- Place all ingredients into blender and process until smooth.
Not only is this dressing fabulous on a salad but also makes a great substitute for Mayo.
Go on, give it a try.