You read the title right? I don’t need to say anything more, do I???
YIPPEE! Everyone, I would like to introduce you to Penelope. Yep, I’m the crazy person that names their vehicles. I picked her up yesterday, went home and grabbed a roo and we went for a nice country drive. I think he likes it. Good thing he has a good jump, he didn’t need any help at all to get in 😉
But let’s get back to this recipe. I am in love with the Turkey Cranberry Sausage from Bearbrook Farms. So much so that I decided to try and mimic these little guys in a slider form. WOW! I’m serious here folks – these are the best things EVER! Top them with some crispy kale and sweet potato and each bite is like Christmas dinner 🙂
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 c dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp turkey spice mix
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp marjoram
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 kale leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 large, round sweet potatoes, sliced to ½ inch
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- Mix up spices in a small bowl.
- Combine ground turkey, cranberries, 1 tbsp spice mix and egg in a medium bowl.
- Form 16 mini burgers. Refrigerate for 30min.
- Preheat BBQ over medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of sweet potato slices with avocado oil. Place on grill and cook until tender crispy.
- Grill burgers until no longer pink.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add kale and avocado oil. Cook until kale is crispy.
- Top burgers with kale and eat these little guys up!